Pages

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Emily Dickinson Poems

Emily Dickinson on the Left 
Poems by Emily Dickinson
Emily Dickinson
1886

Emily Dickinson has been in the news lately because a new picture has been discovered. She is a major American poet and an infamous recluse. Prior to this picture being discovered there was only one other picture of her at sixteen years of age. She only published a handful of poems in her life out of the nearly eighteen hundred she wrote.

Emily Dickinson at 16

Poetry is very intimidating to people including myself. I have been thinking about how to structure this post for days now and I think the best thing to do is present the books to you and leave the research to those that want to learn more. She has a way with words and I will let her work speak for itself.


6

IF I can stop one heart from breaking,
I shall not live in vain;
If I can ease one life the aching,
Or cool one pain,
Or help one fainting robin
Unto his nest again,
I shall not live in vain.


The convention of the time was not to name the poems so most of hers have been numbered in subsequent publications. Here are the three volumes available in the Kindle Store.


Poems by Emily Dickinson, Series One

Poems by Emily Dickinson, Series Two

Poems by Emily Dickinson, Three Series, Complete

Check out our Facebook Page and Like us to keep up to date on the latest Kindle Literature news. You can share this post or any others on your social media of choice and bookmark the site for future post. You can also grab the RSS feed or try a   free 2 week trial*  on your Kindle to have the posts delivered directly to your Kindle. Follow me on twitter @seframos. Happy Reading.